Monday, February 1, 2016

John Terry is playing his last season at Chelsea

Terry confirmed that he is leaving Chelsea in the summer, when his contract expires with the Londoners.
The Blues will not renew the contract of its captain, who is now 35 years old.
The former English national will probably continue his career outside of England, after he was repeatedly saying that he does not want to play for another club.
'Unfortunately there will be no fairy-tale ending. I`m not going to retire in Chelsea.`, Terry said. 'I know the news from last week, before the game with Arsenal, and the contract is not going to be renewed. This is my last contribution to the FA Cup, and I want to finish it well.`
'For me it`s an important season and we want to continue everywhere, in all tournaments. I know for some time, and already inside you accepted him. You just have to move on.`, explained Terry.
'I was told that when the new manager came in, things might be different. But at the moment, I`m not staying. I wanted to make sure I have done everything possible. It took me a few days to realize it.`
'My game is not going to change, the way I practice, or what you give to the team. I want to give everything and to finish, 100% on good terms with the club.`
'I couldn`t keep playing for another team in the Premiership. I couldn`t do that to the fans of Chelsea. It would surely be elsewhere.`
'My agent set the meeting with the club via soccer tips now in January. I wanted to hear it in person. Unfortunately, I won`t be. Otherwise, I feel in a great moment, a great play and I have a few more years ahead of him. Just not here.`
'We talked about what I will leave the Club, my legacy for generations. But the most important thing right now is to return to a rightful place in the standings.`
'The first four or five games of the season didn`t play well, and most of the guys on the team. But since then, we`ve changed a lot of things. Now all I can do is work hard, as it will be my last season.`
'The club via soccer tips will cope. No player is bigger than the club. Naturally, I wanted to stay, but the club via soccer tips is heading in the other direction. There is no doubt they will come at least one or two great defenders. I want to come back here someday to support Chelsea with my kids, and enjoy his success. Unfortunately, I`m not going to be a part of them, but I want the team to be well.`

No comments:

Post a Comment